Charlie's Blog

Welcome to a blog about a boy with a rare heart disease, his mum and dad, and his adventures.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm shipping up to Boston

I feel sad every time I leave Sick Kids. I don't know why. I'm excited to go and sad to leave, and I think it should be the other way around. I wonder if it has to do with the fact I know we'll always come back, or if I feel a sense of protection there...I just always feel sad when leaving.

Our trip yesterday was excellent, even if it held some slightly disappointing news. We left home at 7am (well, 7:20 by the time I got my act together), and because it was a Friday and it was March Break we flew down to Toronto. We were in 4A, the clinic ward, by 8:20, awaiting Kristen. Charlie played shy when he first saw her but warmed up quickly - I think he's starting to know her and Judith. Judith stopped by the say hi, which was great (Charlie remembered she was the one who taught him to blow kisses, and blew a few her way for effect). He was weighed (9.205 kg) and measured (71.5cm) and the staff were very happy with his progress. We saw the g-tube people (for, like, over an hour!) and we got our surgery date: 'early JUNE'. Ug.

All-in-all, it was a fine day. We were disappointed that the surgery is so far away, but it's going to happen, and in the meantime we have some new tricks to up the calories in his solids (adding cream, and oils, to his solid foods). I still wish we could just take out the tube and see how it went for a week, but alas, apparently we can't. :(

Today was St. Patrick's Day, as well as a birthday party for Nannie! We had a very nice day with lots of members of the family, including Buddy, our favourite canine. Happy St. Paddy's everyone!


I'm shipping up to Boston - The Dropkick Murphy's

I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I climbed up the topsails
I lost my leg
I'm shipping up to boston
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To find my wooden leg
I'm a sailor peg
And I lost my leg
I climbed up the topsails
I lost my leg
I'm shipping up to boston
(whoa oh oh)
x3
I'm shipping off
To fing my wooden leg

No comments:

Post a Comment