Charlie's Blog

Welcome to a blog about a boy with a rare heart disease, his mum and dad, and his adventures.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

It's important for me to remember that yes, Charlie has a heart condition and yes, we have to be careful about things like getting sick, overexertion, and heart failure. It's just as important for me to remember that we are lucky, lucky, lucky to have such a beautfiul baby boy who is happy and content most of the time, sleeps through the night, and is a social butterfly. It's also just as important for us to get out as a family and do normal family stuff - like a trip to the pumpkin patch!

It's Thanksgiving here (us Canadians have it 6 weeks before our American friends) and after mounds of turkey and potatoes last night, we took a trip to the pumpkin patch today with some good friends. Cuteness abounds (see below for proof)! Charlie had a great time, and for the first time in a long time (be warned: upcoming cliche), the sun felt warm on my face and it was wonderful to be out in the real world. DCM crossed my mind while we were there, but I felt very zen about it. Charlie is doing well right now, and really, any of us could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so today is really all we've got. Heck, this minute is all we've got. For a while there (and I'm sure I'll slip back into this mindset from time to time), all of those cliches like 'food doesn't taste as good' or 'the sun isn't warm to me' really applied. Now, the sun is coming out from behind some dark clouds, ever so briefly, and I remember how lucky we truly are. This ismaking us better parents. It's not great, but it's alright.





Mummy and Charlie, today.



Charlie and his friend, Grayson.




Charlie enjoying his first sit in the hay.


Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right

1 comment:

  1. those ARE gorgeous photos of you and Charlie!! Happy Thanksgiving, Thomas family!

    ReplyDelete